VARIABLE AREA FLOWMETERS
High Pressure, Metal Tube, Flowmeters
The FM4460N Series flowmeter is a variable
area, metal tube, flow rate indicating meter designed for applications where glass tube meters are not practical because of high pressure, high temperature
or hazardous fluids. Suitable for plant and laboratory use, these flowmeters have an accuracy of ±5% of full scale at calibrated conditions.
The flowmeter body, tube, integral magnetic float and metering valve are constructed of Type 316L Stainless Steel. The float stop springs are constructed
of Inconel® and seals of Viton®. The indicator housing is epoxy painted aluminum and contains the easy-to-see direct reading scale and follower.
Because the follower is magnetically balanced with respect to the magnetic float, the follower has a unique position for a given float height. FM4460N
Series Flowmeters are supplied with a direct reading scale calibrated with air in standard liters per minute (slpm) at 70°F and 14.7 psia.
- 316L Stainless Steel Metal Flow Tubes allow operation up to 1500 psig.
- Type 316L Stainless Steel and Viton® construction provides excellent corrosion resistance.
- Unique Valve Design allows bubble-tight shutoff.
- Threaded Holes on Rear of Flowmeter permit front panel mounting.
- NEMA 4X aluminum housing provides protection against corrosion, dust and water.
- Inlet Filter traps foreign matter, extends flowmeter life and reduces maintenance.
Maximum Operating Pressure and
Temperature: 1500 psig at 400°F
Accuracy: ± 5% of full scale from 10%
to 100% of range
Repeatability: Within 1% of full scale
Tube Graduations: Standard liters per
minute (slpm) of Air
Housing: NEMA 4X
Scale Length: 55 mm
Inlet and Outlet Connections:
1/4" NPT female
Dimensions (approx.): 6" x 4 3/4" x 2"
Approximate Weight: 2 lbs
Materials of Construction
Tubes, Fittings, Clean-Out Plug
and Float Stop: Type 316L Stainless Steel
Housing: Epoxy Painted Aluminum
Float: Type 316L Stainless Steel
Float Stop Spring: Inconel®
Valve: Type 316L Stainless Steel
||Part No. |
|Inlet Filter, Type 316 Stainless Steel, 2 micron
||Air Flow Rate Range at 70°F and 14.7 psia|